Sunday, June 3, 2012

ROAD MAP



Back in college one of my assignment for Sociology was to read a book titled, "Things Fall Apart" in which I forced myself to do, and never really comprehended at the time. Fast forward to the present, this particular book has been lingering on my mind ever since. It doesn't take a genius to realize that the title alone suggests what it's about, how something begins, matures, and eventually ends, or falls apart. This wonderful fictional story gradually opened my eyes to the notion of understanding why we do what we do. If there was or is a continuation to this book it certainly would of included  the fact that after things fall apart, what follows is  new construction and new horizons of our lives. Moving ahead  with my own life is like a chain reaction to a chess game, just one move changes the whole complexion. If and when we apply this understanding of maturity and wisdom then we begin to see that things will still fall apart, but we learn and can control our next move to where we desire, and not where the darkness of life wants to take us. But the danger here is that for too many others, it's a total nightmare because they don't quite see that life is a constant change. This bad dream all begins when we stop growing, getting lost somewhere in a jammed packed  time capsule, afraid of our own shadow, and scared of change.

  As a basic illustration, lets take your neighborhood and mine. As years go by, nothing really changes, oh sure the face has, but what really changed? What's really different? Us, all of us, and not our context. So lets examine ourselves, take a closer look at our own mental path, where we have been, where we are, and where we are going. Thus, so this so called lingering in my head is my personal path and reminder on perspectives, my own sidewalk of choices,  my mental road map.  

No comments:

Post a Comment